Postgraduate School ZRC SAZU calls for enrolment in doctoral study programme (3rd level) Comparative Studies of Ideas and Cultures for the 2019/2020 academic year.
1. Information about the School:
POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL ZRC SAZU
2, Novi trg
SI – 1000 Ljubljana
Tel: +386 1 470 64 52
Web : https://ps-zrc-sazu.org/?lang=en
2. a. Study programme name and level:
COMPARATIVE STUDY OF IDEAS AND CULTURES
Doctoral study, 3rd level
2. b.. Study programme modules:
The Ph.D. programme Comparative study of ideas and cultures consists of study modules:
- Anthropology: Understanding Worldmaking practices;
- Millennia between the Adriatic and the Danube;
- The Transformation of Modern Thought – Philosophy, Psychoanalysis, Culture;
- Cultural History;
- Slovene Studies – Tradition and Modernity;
- Lexicology, lexicography, grammar;
- Literature in the Context.
3. Study place:
4. Years of study:
5. Enrolment conditions:
To qualify for entry into the Ph.D. programme Comparative study of ideas and cultures, the applicants need to satisfy one of the following admission requirements:
- have completed a 2nd cycle / master’s degree programme;
- have completed at least a four-year academic undergraduate programme accredited with 240 ECTS credits;
- have completed a uniform five year master’s degree programme accredited with 300 ECTS credits;
- have completed a specialization after previously finished professional study programme, and had passed additional study obligations within 30 to 60 ECTS credits;
- have completed an equivalent programme abroad.
If the number of applicants exceeds 30 available enrolment places, the candidates are selected according to previous academic achievement (average grade of all passed exams).
6. The number of available places (including Slovenian citizens, citizens of other EU countries and other foreigners):
30 enrolment places.
7. Application dates and procedure:
Application dates for the first enrolment in the first year of study are between 1st of April and 8th of September 2019.
Each applicant can submit only one application. At application a candidate must choose a study programme and a module (listed in paragraph 2. b).
Candidates submit their application on web page eVS.
Submission of the application in this mode requires a username and password that applicants create upon entering the registration. The applicants should write them both down, because the registration is completed by confirming applicants’ username and password via the web connection, which the applicants will receive to their e-mail address specified in the registration. Username and password are needed to re-enter the application.
After the completion and submission of the application form, the applicants will be able to print it. The applicants will receive the document of the submitted application to the e-mail address indicated in it. The applicants will also be able to access the submitted application by using their username and password at this website.
The applicants should print the completed application form, sign it, and together with all the attachments send it by registered mail to the following address:
POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL ZRC SAZU
NOVI TRG 2
SI – 1000 LJUBLJANA
With annotation: “ENROLMENT APPLICATION”
This should be done within the application deadline set by the call for enrolment. The required attachments are:
- A short outline of the study interests and reasons for enrolment;
- Original or copy (duplicate) of the certificate or diploma to be recognised or some other document replacing the original according to the law of the issuing country. The original or copy (duplicate) needs to be legalised on the basis of: a) the 1961 Hague Convention (at the court with territorial jurisdiction where the certificate or diploma has been issued); with properly filled in apostille form affixed or b) the Authentication of Documents in International Traffic Act.
- Certified Slovene or English translation of the certificate or diploma referred to in the first point;
- Annual report cards, transcripts, a diploma supplement or some other evidence of the contents and duration of education (in Slovene or English);
- A short chronological description of the entire education prepared by the applicant.
If you finished your study in other countries, than Slovenia, you need recognition of a foreign qualification for the purpose of further studies. Academic recognition is sought only for admission to further studies and is directly made by higher education institutions.
Further information and the form for the recognition are available at this link and at e-mail: Podiplomska.Sola@zrc-sazu.si.
You can also find information on policies and procedures for the recognition of qualifications at ENIC-NARIC country page.
8. Conditions for enrolment into second or third year (before: according to the transition criteria):
Applicant, who have a foreign certificate of academic achievements and wish to continue their education in second or third year of study at Ph.D. programme Comparative study of ideas and cultures, must meet the following criteria:
- Students and graduates of any doctoral programs of any higher education institution can have their fulfilled study obligations recognized if they match at least 70 % of the content and standards of the subjects at Ph.D. programme Comparative study of ideas and cultures at Postgraduate School ZRC SAZU.
- For direct enter in the 2nd year of study, applicants must collect the same number of credit points as set out in Ph.D. programme Comparative study of ideas and cultures, which are at least 48 ECTS credits. Otherwise they can only enter in the 1st study year.
- For direct enter in the 3rd year of study, applicants must collect the same number of points as set out in Ph.D. programme Comparative study of ideas and cultures, which are at least 120 ECTS credits. Otherwise they can only enter in the 2nd study year.
- Graduates of postgraduate study leading to a master of science (or MA) after completing undergraduate study program leading to a university education can enter in the 2nd year of study at Ph.D. programme Comparative study of ideas and cultures with 60 ECTS credits recognized.
9. Enrolment application dates and procedure for enrolment into second or third year (before: according to the transition criteria):
Application dates for enrolment into second or third year (before: according to the transition criteria) are between 1st of April and 8th of September 2019.
Applicants submit their application on web page eVS and follow instructions stated in paragraph 7.
10. Number of available enrolment into second or third year (before: according to the transition criteria) (including Slovenian citizens, citizens of other EU countries and other foreigners):
2nd year of study: 30 enrolment places;
3rd year of study: 30 enrolment places.
11. Study fee:
Study fee is 2.800 EUR for one study year.
12. Other information about enrolment and study:
The first information day: Tuesday, 21st of May 2019 at 5 p.m.
The second information day: Tuesday 27th of August 2019 at 5 p.m.
Interview with candidates for enrolment: with prior invitation between 10th and 13th of September 2019, beginning at 4 p.m.
Further information is available by e-mail: Podiplomska.Sola@zrc-sazu.si and telephone +386 1 470 64 52 (every working day between noon and 4 p.m.).
13. Contact for the support with completing the application for enrolment:
Contact of the Centre of State Administration (EKC)
tel: 080 2002 (from 8.00 to 22.00 during workdays)
tel. for calls from abroad: 00 386 1 478 85 90
The EKC offers support to applicants for difficulties in entering the application with a qualified digital certificate and electronic signature, and the first level of assistance for other questions when completing the e-application form for enrolment application. Issues that they would not be able to answer will be forwarded by the EKC to the Ministry of education.
The Ministry will respond to the applicants on the basis of the information from the tender for enrolment. Questions about conditions and criteria for enrolment, recognition of education, study programs, etc. are redirected to the contact e-mail address of the higher education institution.
Ljubljana, 19th of March 2019
Prof. Jelica Šumič Riha