Assist. Prof. Nika Razpotnik Visković, Ph.D.
Research Fellow at Anton Melik Geographical Institute, Assistant Professor in the field of Geography
+386 1 4706 540
BSc in geography (Univerza v Ljubljani, 2005)
PhD in spatial planning (Univerza v Ljubljani, 2012)
She started herresearch career as a young researcher in the field of rural development. She studied part-time farms as the dominant socio-economic form in Slovenian agriculture. The first independent research projects addressed the spatial aspect of the development of Slovenian farms, with an emphasis on limitation for growth. In this field she took part two study visits abroad – at the l’Institut Agronomique Méditerranéen in Montpellier and ISARA in Lyon.
In recent years, she has expanded herresearch area to sustainable tourism. Through exploring the role of culinary heritage in the development of tourism offer, she began to learn about the diversity of sustainable practices in European (especially Mediterranean) tourism. She is further interested in studying the certification and labelling of tourism destinations – their opportunities and weaknesses.
- Project coordinator of “LABELSCAPE – Integration of sustainability labels into Mediterranean tourism policies” – transnational cooperation project financed by Interreg MED Programme, 2019–2022
- Project coordinator of “MEDFEST – MED Culinary heritage experiences: how to create sustainable tourist destinations” transnational cooperation project financed by Interreg MED Programme, 2016–2019
- Coordinator of target research project “Siting of farm buildings in the landscape context and solving spatial conflicts” financed by Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Food and Slovenian research agency, 2016-2018
- Postdoctoral project “Spatial limitation of farms within settlements” financed by the Slovenian research agency, 2014–2016
- Razpotnik Visković, N., Oliveira, D., Castro, F., Ribas, J. (2019). Cómo desarrollar destinaciones turísticas sostenibles basadas en el patrimonio alimentario? : round table in the framne of conference “Patrimonios, alimentarios, turismos y sostenibilidades”, V congreso international, La Pedrera, Barcelona, 20. jun. 2019.
- Kumer, P., Pipan, P., Šmid Hribar, M., Razpotnik Visković, N. (2019). The role of actors’ cooperation, local anchoring and innovation in creating culinary tourism experiences in the rural Slovenian Mediterranean. Geografski vestnik 91-2.
- Nared, J., Razpotnik Visković, N., Komac, B. (2015). Sustainable spatial development in the Alps. Acta geographica Slovenica 55 -1.
- Gabrovec, M., Razpotnik Visković, N. (2014). Environmental planning recommendations, Sustainable transport and cultural heritage. V: Managing cultural heritage sites in Southeastern Europe. Založba ZRC: Ljubljana.
- Černič Istenič, M., Šprah, L., Bole, D., Lapuh, L., Nared, J., Razpotnik Visković, N. (2013). Social agriculture: an opportunity for rural development and ensuring prosperity. New development prospects. V: Nove razvojne perspektive, Založba ZRC: Ljubljana.